Each year Pantone® chooses a color as the color of the year. And although we are in the middle of 2019, you still have time to join the trend of adding this color to some of your spaces. Today we bring you some budget-friendly tips to decorate using the color “Living Coral”.
Pantone 16-1546 Living Coral color evokes familiar and energizing aspects of the color coral as found in nature. In its glorious yet elusive display under the sea this exhilarating and effervescent color mesmerizes the eyes and mind. Located at the center of our naturally vivid and chromatic ecosystem, Pantone Living Coral evokes how coral reefs provide shelter for a diverse kaleidoscope of colors.
1. CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR WALLS, DOORS OR WINDOWS
There are certain rooms in our home that would benefit from using a bold color like Living Coral. We can paint a wall (1), or just some elements of the room, such as a door, the window frame (2) or the moldings. Using paint is one of the cheapest ways to change the look of a room. Another option is to use wallpaper on one of the walls of a room (3).
(1) Coral color walls.Image via sfgirlbybay.com
(2) Very eye-catching window frames in a neutral room... Image via Better Homes and Gardens: bhg.com
(3) Coral color wallpaper. Image via pinterest.com
2. CHANGE THE BED LINEN
Another very inexpensive way to freshen up a room is by changing décor elements, such as bedding. You can combine colors like white, ivory, or terracotta with some touches of coral, and even add details in a colder tone like blue, which is an excellent complement (4).
(4) Combine complementary colors in your bedroom for a more organic look. Image via Target.com
3. CHANGE THE DISHES OR ADD A NEW APPLIANCE TO YOUR KITCHEN
An equally inexpensive way to change the design with the season is to add some new pieces to our dishes, tablecloths, napkins… (5). If we want to go a little further, we can add a new appliance to our kitchen counter, such as those offered by Kitchen Aid in coral color (6).
(5) You can add new pieces to your tableware, change the napkins and add some color-coordinated candles.
(6) If you dare, you can add an appliance in coral color to your collection of kitchen utensils. Image via kitchenaid.com
4. ADD FRESH FLOWERS
The most natural way to spice up your home is by placing plants and flowers in a room. You can choose a neutral vase color and change the flowers according to the season (7), or you can choose coral colored vases and add green leaves or even dry branches (8). Not only will you be fashionable, but your home will look fresh and breathe purer air.
(7) Place vases of fresh flowers throughout the house. Image by Kerri Shaver via Unsplash
(8) Small handmade vases. Image via honeycomb-studio.com
5. ADD SOME DECORATIVE ELEMENTS
Here the options are endless. From a photo gallery (9), a sculpture, or a lamp. You can also add cushions or blanket for the cold (10), a rug (11), or a handmade piece (12). Everything will depend on your budget.
(9) Photo Gallery. Image via Desenio.com
(10) Combine the cushions with a blanket for the cold in the same color range. Image via urbanoutfitters.com
(11) A rug helps create a bridge between all the other elements in a room. Image via esalerugs.com
(12) Macrame piece. Image via RanranDesign.com
6. CHANGE YOUR FURNITURE
Perhaps the least cheap of all the options, but not for that reason impossible to apply, all you need is to buy a new sofa (13), or a coffee table, or any other piece of furniture that accentuates the character of the room you are designing.
(13) Sofa via freshidees.com.
7. CHANGE YOUR SHADES
Vertilux Shantung fabric, in Pantone® color of the year
However, if you do not want to use such a striking color for your shades, because you have implemented some of the previous tips and the room already has touches of coral, you can choose from a wide range of more neutral tones, such as white, ivory, taupe browns or grays, which complement very well with the Pantone® color of the year.
If you decide to change your shades, contact one of our representatives, who will gladly help you choose the right color and the ideal type of shade to combine with the rest of the decoration of each of your spaces.
ABOUT PANTONE® COLOR OF THE YEAR
The color of the year selection process requires extensive study and detailed analysis of trends. To arrive at the selection each year, the Pantone® color experts at the Pantone Color Institute scan the world for new color influences. The entertainment industry and films in production, traveling art collections and new artists, fashion, all areas of design, popular travel destinations, as well as new lifestyles, play styles and even socioeconomic conditions are studied. Influences can also come from new technologies, materials, textures and effects that affect color, relevant social media platforms, and even upcoming sporting events that grab global attention.